About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is John Dillon! This blog is dedicated to showing my love for flying.I am only starting my training right now, but I hope that through the years this blog will reflect my progress, and hopefully close with me entering a new career. I love the great out doors as well. I hope that some day i am able to combine my love for the outdoors, and my love for flying, and land in Alaska. Hopefully you will get to see that outcome on here as well. Thanks for reading, and enjoy the blog!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

watch out below!!!

"Aurora state traffic, Cessna November 7 3 4 Kilo Uniform, Making left downwind for runway 35, full stop landing. Aurora State"


yup thats right full stop landings!
 The flight yesterday was a tad bit short because James and I were both a little bit short on time, however i think it was one of the more productive flights that I have had so far.
 Starting at the home field of Twin Oaks (7S3) we flew south for a few minutes and  practiced a few power off stalls, just to refresh, and then worked into a power on stall. Once we got over towards the river, we started descending from our cruise altitude of 3000ft msl towards Aurora State Airport (UAO) to practice some landings!

The stalls that we practiced before were very helpful when it came time to land because i already had an idea of how the airplane would react at the slower speeds. It was really fun getting to land a few times at Aurora because the runway is pretty big compared to Twin Oaks, giving lots of room for forgiveness. Which, for the first time landing a plane, is very useful.
 The flight was fun.. very very cold, but fun. At one point out over Newburg it even snowed!
 Great fun and great flight. I am really feeling like i am progressing.Such a great feeling.
 It is so pretty to see the ground  from the sky with snow cover. Very pretty.
well thats all for now.
 Tailwinds and happy landings!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this is exactly what I needed. Thank you for the feedback and for sharing your experience with us. I will often visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete