About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is John Dillon! This blog is dedicated to showing my love for flying.I am only starting my training right now, but I hope that through the years this blog will reflect my progress, and hopefully close with me entering a new career. I love the great out doors as well. I hope that some day i am able to combine my love for the outdoors, and my love for flying, and land in Alaska. Hopefully you will get to see that outcome on here as well. Thanks for reading, and enjoy the blog!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Almost up and Running...

Hey Guys!,
 Been a little bit since I have written, and I thought I would get on and do a quick update. Just to let people know what has been going on for the last few months.

To tell a long story short,my instructor James had a knee injury a while back.He had been waiting for an opportunity to have a surgery to repair that injury.Fortunately  for him that opportunity had come. However, it required him to stop flying for a few months, and return home to England to have the surgery.

 So James gave me two options;
1) quit flying for the winter, and wait until I return to start again..using that time for studying and money saving etc.
OR
2) continue flying with a friend of mine, and train under him for your private license.

 Well,  after Christmas I got another jeep, and my financial status was not going to allow me to keep flying, so I opted to wait until he returned to continue my training.

 Fast forwarding a few months(now current) he is scheduled to get back and be ready to fly the first week of April!  So that means that within a month or so I will be flying again!

 I have had some major changes in my life that I think will ensure a better learning environment.
 One of those changes that has yet to be finalized, is my moving back in with my dad, so that I will not have to pay rent. The idea is that money will go directly into my flying and I can focus. The other change, is I have taken a new position, working at American Extermination. That means that my schedule will be a little bit more flexible, and again I will be able to focus on flying.

 I have been studying a lot this winter, looking forward to James getting back so that i can fly a few times a week.

 My goal this summer is to have at least my private pilots license. If i can get everything to work out in my favor, i would like to have my commercial as well.

 I have also been thinking positively about the future, and what my plans are as far as my career. I have really been drawn to M.A.F. So if anyone has any thoughts on that, pro or con, please don't hesitate to share with me. I would very much like to hear your input.

 Well I guess that is going to be all for now,
 I'm going to sleep for a few hours, then get up and study for a bit!
 see ya in the Skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment